- After Tax Deductions - Deductions subtracted from your gross earnings after federal, state and income taxes in addition to social and medicare taxes are called after tax deductions.
- Attrition - Attrition means the reduction in the number of employees of an organization through resignation, retirement or death.
- CEA - CEA means Child Education Allowance. Child Education Allowance is the allowance paid by the employer to educate the children of their employees.
- CL - CL stands for Casual Leave. Casual leave is the leave granted to an employee for certain unforeseen situations where he/she is required to go on leaves to attend or look after personal matters.
- Conveyance Allowance - Conveyance allowance is a fixed allowance granted by an employer to his employees towards the cost of travel from home to work and vice-versa.
- CTC - CTC or Cost to Company means all the costs associated to employ an individual. CTC = Direct benefits + Indirect benefits + Saving Contributions
- DA Or Dearness Allowance - DA or dearness allowance is allowance paid to the employee against the price rise in the economy to reduce the impact of inflation. Dearness allowance in India is paid to government employees, public sector employees and pensioners as a cost of living adjustment allowance.
- EL/PL - EL/PL stands for Earned Leave/Privilege Leave. Earned Leave is the leave that an employee gets annually for planned long leaves for the vacation, travel etc.
- Employee Deductions - Employee Deductions are the amounts subtracted from an employee's gross pay to reach net pay.
- Employee Earnings or Employee Compensations - Employee earnings are all the cash and non-cash remunerations given to an employee for services performed for the employer.
- Gross Salary - Gross Salary is the salary amount including all benefits and allowances before any kind of deductions. In simple terms, Gross Salary is the total of all the components of your monthly payout before any kind of tax deductions.
- HRA - HRA Stands for House Rent Allowance. House Rent Allowance is an amount allocated by an employer to the employee as a portion of their salaries.
- Medical Allowance - Medical Allowance is a fixed allowance paid to the employees as a part of their salary to meet his/her regular medical needs.
- Net Pay - The net pay or the take-home pay is the amount of salary/wages of an employee that remains after all deductions(taxes, health insurance, benefits, etc.) have been subtracted.
- Overtime Pay or OT - Overtime means the amount compensated for hours or days worked in excess of the maximum limit mentioned in your contract or set by federal or provincial law.
- Payroll Expenses - Payroll expenses are expenses paid to employees in form of salary/wage for their services/work and associated expenses such as employee benefits and state and federal payroll taxes.
- PF or Provident Fund - PF stands for Provident Fund. Provident Fund is a government managed retirement benefits scheme available for all the salaries persons.
- Revenue Per Employee - Revenue Per EmployeeRevenue per employee is an operating performance ratio that is used to measures the average revenue generated by each employee of an organization.
- Sick Leave - Leave in case of illness of self or other family member is called Sick Leave. Leave for which an employee is paid when he/she is out of work due to illness.
- TA - TA stands for Traveling Allowance. Traveling allowance is the amount paid or allotted to an employee by the employer for traveling to another place for business purpose.
- TDS or Tax Deducted at Source - TDS stands for Tax Deducted at Source. Tax Deducted at Source is the income tax that an employer deducts from the salary of its employee under the provision of Indian Income Tax Act 1961.
- TTF Or Time To Fill - TTF stands for Time to Fill. Time to fill is the time elapsed between engaging a candidate and his acceptance of your offer.