Time To Fill (TTF) – Definition
TTF stands for Time To Fill. Time To Fill (TTF) is another HR metric similar to Time To Hire(TTH). The Time to Fill the difference between the date of the opening up of a job position and the date of an employee joining the company.
There is a thin line between TTH and TTF. TTH is the difference between the date of a job opening up and the candidate signing the contract whereas TTF is the difference between the date of a job opening up and the candidate joining the organization.
Usually, the time of accepting the offer and joining the organization is different. This is due to the time limit to leave the previous organization, relocation to a new city or personal commitments of the candidate.
Industries recruiting freshers or non-committed candidates have low Time To Fill (TTF). Generally, the case is the opposite when you are recruiting an experienced candidate or the best candidate in the industry.
How To Calculate Time to Fill (TTF)?
The formula to calculate the Time To Fill is as follows:
Date of Candidate Joining the Company – Date of a job post opening up
Usually, in big and medium-sized companies, there are multiple job openings at a particular time. Thus it will be calculated in the following way:
- Calculate the number of days for each position.
- Add the number of days for all positions.
- Divide the total of days by the number of positions.
5 Ways To Reduce Time To Fill (TTF)
Hiring candidates for the job openings is a bit of complicated, competitive and a continuous task. There are a few ways to reduce Time to Fill:
- Keep your job criteria broad. You may not find all required qualities in the candidate. You need to train and enlighten his knowledge for your post.
- Prepare for talent mobilization. Organizations must evaluate the hiring processes and search for candidates with niche talent. They should not limit themselves to a particular geographical area.
- Use freelancers to drive specialized initiatives. This is applicable specifically to the IT industry. They can do this to cope with their timely deliveries.
- Gather the right intelligence to counter your competition. Knowledge of your competitors and their hiring process is necessary. You need to offer the best in the industry and that will help you gather the best talent in the industry.
- Network well to find niche talent. You need to attend or host relevant industry events like job fairs, campus interviews etc and actively look for networking opportunities.
We thank our readers for liking, sharing and following us on different social media platforms.
If you have any queries or suggestions please share in the comment section below. I will be more than happy to assist you.