Attendance Register is a tool to record the regularity of a student, teacher, employee on a day to day basis. It is used for payroll/salary purposes except for students.
It consists of records of payroll heads used to calculate the salary like the present, absent, late comings, holidays, on-job training and other kinds of applicable leaves.
Teachers, Office Admins, and SME business owners need to keep records of employee’s attendance in detail.
Previously, the attendance registers were physically maintained on paper sheets or books. Slowly and gradually, with the increase in the usage of computers, people started maintaining records on the computer.
Furthermore, with the advancement of technology, we can now see the fingerprint machines at many companies. These advanced systems are comparatively expensive and everyone cannot afford it.
In India there about 40%-50% of small and medium-sized companies/institutions that still maintain their record on excel.
Types of Attendance Register
There are basically 3 types of attendance registers:
- Employee Attendance Registers
- Student Attendance Registers
- Timesheet Attendance Registers
Let us have a brief understanding of all 3 types.
1. Employee Attendance Register
Employee Attendance Registers is used to maintain records of the presence, absence, sick leave, etc related to each employee for payroll/salary purpose.
It consists of records of payroll heads like the present, absent, late comings, holidays, job training and all other kinds of leaves used to calculate the salary.
The HR department, executives, and business owners then use this data to calculate the salary of their employees.
Employee Attendance Register Templates in Excel For HR Staff
To track attendance at the office you can use employee attendance registers which are with and without payroll calculations.
2. Student Attendance Register
Student Attendance Registers are for seeing the regularity of the student attending the class for any educational institutions.
It enables the teachers to maintain the record of students present or absent in their class for a whole academic year.
In addition to that, it helps to reduce the workload of teachers and save many man-hours that can be utilized in more fruitful tasks.
Furthermore, these Student Attendance Registers are for purpose of regularity.
Student Attendance Register Templates in Excel For Teachers
If you are a teacher and need to efficiently and accurately record the attendance of students you can use our educational templates.
3. Timesheet Attendance Register
Timesheet Attendance Registers record the man-hours of employees that are paid on an hourly basis. These payments can be daily, bi-weekly, or weekly.
These registers record the number of hours spent by the employee on the job. Traditionally, it is a sheet of paper with the data arranged in tabular format. Now the timesheets have become digital.
In simple terms, timesheets are sheets for summarizing hours worked by each worker during a pay period. It records the time of arrival/departure of workers and calculates the amount of time spent on each job.
Timesheet Attendance Register Templates in Excel for Man-Hours Calculation
Furthermore, you can also use our timesheet templates for labors/employees at your factories and companies to record their man-hours along with payout calculations.
Benefits of Maintaining Attendance Register
- Calculate Salary/wages/overtime.
- Keep an eagle-eye view on employee/student regularity.
- Saves Time and Money for SMEs and small institutions that have a low budget.
- Saves Money.
- It helps to know the strength and availability of employees on a particular day to effectively manage your projects.
- Shift Management and proper workload distribution.
- Measure the efficiency of teams or employee as an individual.
- Manage records of multiple employees/students.
- Helps Employers/HR managers identify attendance issues.
- Maintaining Attendance ensures timely and proper payments to employees.
- It helps to reduce absenteeism.
- Easier scheduling of vacations.
- Enhance the punctuality of students and employees.
- Simplifies Payroll preparation.
- It helps to manage projects and tasks efficiently.
We thank our readers for liking, sharing, and following us on different social media platforms.
If you have any queries please share in the comment section below. I will be more than happy to assist you.