A Student Study Planner is a ready-to-use Excel Template which helps a student to plan his syllabus for a unit exam as well as annual exams.
In addition to the above, the student can divide the complete annual syllabus with the number of days and also chapters per day.
Furthermore, you can plan a daily chapter-wise schedule in such a way that you can get time enough time to plan multiple revisions of the schedule.
What is a Student Study Planner?
A study plan consists of the schedule of the complete syllabus to achieve your learning goals. It helps you define which subject, which chapter you will study on which day. Study plan gives you a complete picture of your course that is to be completed in the given time frame.
How A Study Planner is Helpful To A Student?
- A study planner helps the students/parents to adjust the learning curve of students according to their capacity.
- Proper usage and timely completion help in better performance and better grades in their exams.
- Gives a better understanding of the subject.
- Helps the student stay organized.
- Eliminates confusion as the student has the action plan.
- Helps reduce stress as most of your study is completed in chunks.
- As everything is pre-planned, you don’t need to give early or late hours for preparation.
- Teaches the student effective time management.
Tips To Create An Effective Study Plan
- Set chapters and days which are realistic and not over-ambitious.
- Stick to the plan.
- To make it more effective, include small breaks in the study plan.
- Plan in such a way that you get 2 slots for revision.
- Distribute chapters according to your capacity or toughness of the subject.
- To maintain accountability, join someone with you and do group study.
Student Study Planner Excel Template
We have created a simple and easy Student Study Planner Excel Template with predefined formulas and formatting that helps you to create an effective study plan.
You can also download other educational templates like; Student Comprehensive Progress Report, Yearly School Attendance Sheet and School Report Card and Mark Sheet Template, and Multiple Choice Question – MCQ Test Checking Sheet from our website.
Let us discuss the contents of the template in detail.
Contents of Student Study Planner Excel Template
Student Study Planner Excel Template consists of 3 sheets:
- Chapter-wise Study Planner
- Daily Planner
- Printable Daily Planner
Yearly and Monthly Study Planner
Chapter-wise study planer consists of 3 different sections:
- Chapter Distribution For Annual Exam
- Chapter Distribution For Unit Exam
- Monthly Study Planner
Chapter Distribution For Annual Exam
Chapter distribution for an annual exam provides you with an overview of the total number of chapters and the number of day for completing the same.
On the left side, insert the subject name. This is a one-time entry. It will automatically fetch the data from here to all relevant cells in the template.
Enter the number of chapters of that subject in the syllabus. This will give you the total chapters to be completed during the year.
On the right side, insert the total number of days, normal loss of days, and revision days. It provides you with actual days in hand. On the top, you can find chapters per month and chapters per day.
Chapter/Day = Total Chapters for Annual Exam/Net Days
For example, you have 115 chapters to be completed in 190 days. Then 115/190 = 0.61 chapters per day.
Chapter/Month = Chapters per Day X No. of studying days per month
With the same example, 0.61 chapters per day * 26 working days excluding 4 Sundays every month = 16 chapters per month.
Chapter Distribution For Unit Exam
The Chapter Distribution for Unit Exam consists of the same rows and columns as given in the previous section.
The first difference is that in the above section you plan according to the whole academic year and here you plan according to a unit exam.
The second difference is that this section is not connected with the daily planner. Thus, if you want to use monthly planner and daily planner you need to adjust the columns accordingly.
Monthly Study Planner
Followed by Chapter Distribution for Unit Exam, there is a Monthly study planner which allot the number of chapters per day to the respective subject.
Insert the number of chapters against each subject that you plan to complete in that particular month. It will display the Balance chapters automatically fetching from the chapter distribution for the annual exam.
For the ease of use and proper accountability, at each month-end, the sheet displays a total of chapters completed and pending from the syllabus.
Complete the same for all 12 months. In the end, the total number of chapters will match that you entered in Chapter Distribution section.
You will see that proper distribution gives 2 months for revision of syllabus. Hence, you/your child can prepare well before exams.
Daily Study Planner
Once you are done with monthly planning of chapters for each subject, move on to the next sheet “Daily Planner”. This sheet consists of 10 months daily planner.
Insert the date and it will fetch the name of the day automatically. Each day you can allot 2 subject and name of the chapter. In the end, you can insert remarks if any. Do the same for all the 10 months.
Your Study Planner is ready now and you can start working on it.
Printable Daily Study Planner
Printable Daily Planner is the copy of the previous sheet. The only difference is that it is blank and without any colors. You can use this sheet in two ways:
- Whatever data you insert in the previous sheet will be reflected in this sheet. If you want to stick this study plan in your room or over your desk and don’t want to print a colored copy, you can use this printable version.
- If you don’t have a personal computer then you can download this file and Print the blank format. You can write it with your hand after printing.
We thank our readers for liking, sharing and following us on different social media platforms.
If you have any queries please share in the comment section below. we will be more than happy to assist you.