Basic Addition Test Sheet is a ready-to-use excel template which helps you as a tutor/parent to test the basic addition skills of your child.
You can provide a variety of combination to the student just by a click of a button to practice basic addition.
Basic Addition Test Sheet Excel Template
We have created a Basic Addition Test Sheet Excel Template which is a ready-to-use and easy solution to evaluate students knowledge of basic addition skills with an automatic random number generator.
In addition to that, this template also consists of the printable version that you can use if the computer systems are inadequate.Click here to Download All Educational Excel Templates for ₹299.
You can also download other educational templates like; Student Study Planner, Student Comprehensive Progress Report, Basic Division Practice Sheet, Basic Subtraction Practice Sheet, Basic Addition Practice Sheet, Multiplication Tables 1-30 Practice Sheet and Multiple Choice Question – MCQ Test Checking Sheet from our website.
Contents Of Basic Addition Test Sheet Excel Template
Important Note: When you open this file, a security warning will appear below the ribbon.
Click on “Options” button. The following window will appear.
Select “Enable this content” and click on “Ok”.
This template consists of the following 2 Sheets:
- Basic Addition Test Sheet
- Printable Test Sheet
Basic Addition Test Sheet
This sheet follows a color pattern; Light Blue Color Cells are for writing answers and Navy Blue color cells consist of formulas. Hence, don’t enter or alter any data in these cells.
Once your child has practiced addition in the Basic Addition Practice Sheet, you can use this template to check how far his learning has taken place.
How to Conduct a Test using the Test Template?
Ensure to follow below-mentioned steps before you handover the sheet to students for the test:
- At the bottom of the sheet, two range criteria are provided.
- Range of numbers to be tested must be entered. (Example is given below)
- Click on “New Numbers” button and it will immediately change all the numbers in the practice sheet.
- Please ensure delete all the answer column cells in light blue if it is previously entered.
- Select Rows 37 to 43. Right-click and choose “Hide”.
- The purpose of doing this is that the students won’t be able to see results and it will also conceal other technical aspects of the test.
“Unhide” the rows after your child complete the test. It reveals the test results, the number of marks obtained will display in the box as shown below:
For taking another test, delete all the answers, and click the “New numbers” again. The macro will run and replace existing combinations with new combinations. Give it to the child again for writing the test.
That’s it and your Basic Addition test is done.
Printable Test Sheet
Printable Sheet is just the replica of the first sheet. Just a Black and White for an eco-friendly printable version of the test sheet.
This sheet is useful to a tutor/parent to conduct a test using hard copies when they don’t have an individual computer for each student for the test.
The functioning of the sheet is the same as the above. If you are directly using the printable version, make sure you enable the macros as explained in the beginning.
Print the required number of copies depending on the strength of the students and distribute to them.
In case, you want to give a different combination number to each child then follow below steps:
- Take the print.
- Click on “New Numbers”.
- Take a new print.
Repeat this process until you get the desired number of copies.
Note: Please set the page margins before printing. Make sure it sets in one page. If it exceeds, make necessary page setup.
To check the results of the test. insert the answers in the sheet provided by the student to generate results. so checking work gets easier.
Benefits Of Using Basic Addition Test Sheet
At the primary stage of education, one of the fundamentally most important aspects of mathematics is to learn all mathematical operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- This helps to test the student’s knowledge repetitively and help them master basic addition skills.
- Furthermore, it enables a student to solve the sums with ease and speed.
- It eliminates work of a tutor/parent to write a paper, check answers and calculate marks.
- With the help of this sheet, you can conduct a test on a PC as well as on a printable sheet.
- This sheet can be helpful from Grade 1-5.
We thank our readers for liking, sharing and following us on different social media platforms.
If you have any queries please share in the comment section below. I will be more than happy to assist you.