Ready-to-use School Report Card and Mark Sheet template in Excel, Google Sheet, and OpenOffice Calc that simplifies the tedious task of preparing the mark sheet and the report card.
Merely enter 9 basic details related to marks and attendance and student details. It prepares the mark sheet and report of the whole class in less than an hour. This sheet will automatically calculate the total, percentage, grades, rank, etc.
Once you enter the required data you can directly print every student’s report card. This record helps a tutor to monitor the growth of each of their pupils and preserve it for future requirements.
Table of Contents
What is a Mark sheet?
A mark sheet is a document that displays the marks obtained by all students in each subject. In other words, schools use the mark sheet to enter and record marks, comments, etc academic assessments.
Some schools also insert student’s demographic information like their age, roll numbers, etc that they can use as a reference on the report card.
Components of a Mark Sheet
Usually, a mark sheet consists of 2 sections: Class Details and Subject-Wise Marks.
Class details consist of Class, Division, Academic year, Month, and Exam Type.
The subject-wise Marks details include the following:
Name of the Student
The marks obtained section consists of 3 different columns. The first displays the marks obtained, second the total marks for which the exam was taken, and the third one is the percentage.
Many educational institutions also add grades for each subject. But it is optional. This projects the subject performance and knowledge of the students.
All of the above details need to be added for all the subjects taught in the class and for which an exam is conducted.
Moreover, it consists of the total marks obtained by each student in all subjects. This helps in defining the class grades. It also consists of details such as student’s attendance and General Register Number for displaying them on the report card.
What is a Report Card?
A Report card is an individual summary of each student’s academic performance. In other words, it is the assessment report of each student that depicts his overall performance in any particular assessment exam.
Components of a Repor Card
It consists of student’s details, subject-wise marks, subject-wise grades, and class-wise grades. It displays the student’s overall percentage, Grade, and Rank.
Additionally, it consists of school reopening details, passing out details, attendance, and grading system. Usually, the report card is prepared based on the details entered in the mark sheet. Some educational institutions also include behavioral aspects of children in the report card.
Doing it manually makes it a time-consuming and tedious job. Moreover, the chances of error also increase.
Purpose of a Report Card
- It provides the school, parents as well as the student to understand the academic achievements.
- A report card helps the school management, teacher as well as parents to understand the student’s capabilities.
- It helps the teachers and parents to take necessary actions to improve the performance of weak students.
School Report Card And Mark Sheet Template (Excel, Google Sheets, and OpenOffice Calc)
We have created a simple and easy School Report Card and Mark Sheet Template to help tutors save their time and effort with predefined formulas.
Define basic criteria in the basic and insert the marks obtained by each student to their respective roll numbers. That’s it. It will automatically do the rest of the task for you.
Let us now discuss all the contents of this template in detail.
Contents of School Report Card And Mark Sheet Template
This template consists of 3 different sheets:
- Basic Data Entry Sheet
- Mark sheet (For view and printing purpose only)
- Report Card (This too is for view and printing purpose only)
Important Note: In the header section that is available on the Mark sheet and Report Card insert your schools or institution’s name and logo.
Basic Data Entry Sheet
This sheet is divided into 3 sections;
Section A is for the ‘Basic information’.
Enter the following details:
- Class: Enter in digit only. (Do not enter division here)
- Class & Div: Enter Class along with Division.
- A.Y.: Enter Academic Year detail.
- Total Marks of Exam: Either 50 Marks or 100 Marks whichever applies to you.
- Exam Name: Unit – I / Unit – II / Semester Exam / Final Exam.
- Exam Month: Enter the name of the month in which the examination is conducted.
- Total Working Days: Enter the number of working days till the examination date.
- Annual Result: If the result is being prepared for the Final Exam, write “Yes” or else write “No”.
- School Re-open Date: If the result is being prepared for the Final Exam, insert the school reopen date here or else leave it blank.
Note: In case you conducting the test of marks other than 50 or 100 marks, this template will not calculate the accurate percentage and ranks. It is designed for 50 /100 marks exams only.
Section B consists of ‘Grading information’. This is for the tutor’s knowledge and reference. It is also displayed on the Report Card. It helps the parents and students to understand the grading system.
Section C consists of ‘Marks Data Entry’. First, enter the student’s name against their respective roll number, G.R. Number of student and attendance till the date of examination.
Besides that enter the marks obtained in various subjects. 1 column is given for each subject.
Remember to replace the subject heading as per your need. This will be displayed on every sheet.
If you don’t have to take any approval from higher authority or need to get the things checked, you can directly print the Report Card of your class.
Mark sheet is only for viewing/checking, printing, and approval purpose. Please do not edit anything here.
In case you want to change any data, please make necessary changes in the Basic Data Entry Sheet only.
It will also highlight the top 5 scorers student for each subject. Additionally, it will also show the top 5 class toppers and the top 5 students with the highest attendance in yellow color in their respective columns.
Report Card Sheet
Immediately after finishing data entry in the Basic Data Entry Sheet and verification through the Mark Sheet, your Report cards are ready to print.
Important: Your report card is linked with a formula. Every time you want to view or print the report card of any student; just change the roll number in the cell on the top right corner of the report card.
All the data in the report card will automatically change by itself fetching data of that respective roll number from the Mark sheet. This has been programmed using the Vlookup function.
Start with the first roll number and just give the print command for each report card. Don’t forget to set your print area before taking the print.
Isn’t this so easy? Now you can prepare the Mark sheet and Report cards of the whole class in only 30 Minutes!!
Benefits of Using School Report Card and Mark Sheet Template
- Not every school can afford the hi-tech software solutions for recording these data. Hence, tutors need to do these efforts manually. It is a very tedious job which is to be done 4 to 6 times a year.
- It helps you to generate a report card of your class with minimal effort and eventually saving an educator’s precious time and energy.
- This energy and time can be utilized in some productive and constructive work rather than performing some traditional and tedious job and most importantly it is a free solution.
- The tutors can prepare mark sheets and report cards of their respective classes. They can use this same sheet for all the exams conducted during the whole academic year.
- It also provides with a ready-to-view report of marks and the respective ranks obtained by each student.
We thank our readers for liking, sharing, and following us on different social media platforms.
If you have any queries please share in the comment section below. I will be more than happy to assist you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some examples of Positive Feedback for Student’s Report Card?
Usually, teachers struggle to write constructive and insightful comments on student’s report cards. Here are a few examples that can be helpful:
- is a conscientious, hard-working student.
- works independently.
- is a self-motivated student.
- consistently completes homework assignments.
- puts forth their best effort into homework assignments.
For more positive feedback ideas click on the link below:
How do I calculate the percentage of the total marks?
To calculate the overall percentage, you need to sum up the marks obtained by the students in all subjects. Divide the product by the sum total of marks of all subjects. Then, multiply the answer with 100.
For example, if a student obtained 80, 60, 70, 87, and 85 in 5 subjects. All the exam conducted was 100 marks each. Thus, to find the percentage do as following:
80 + 60 + 70 + 87 + 85 = 382
Sum total of marks 5 X 100 = 500
Percentage = (385/500) X 100 = 76.40 %
For a single subject, same formula will apply.
= (87/100) X 100 = 87 %.
How can we give the grade for different marks in a subject?
We can give grades to the marks using IF Statements.
How can we give ranks to students?
We can give ranks to students using the Rank Function.