The long awaited GST Bill has been implemented from today. A business will be liable to claim the refund of Goods and Service Tax before the expiry of two years from the relevant date in the prescribed format of GST Refund Voucher under the guidelines of the GST Council.
Businessmen are eagerly searching for formats of GST compliance Tax Invoice, Bill of Supply, Receipt Vouchers, GST Refund Vouchers etc to carry on their business activities.
In our earlier post, we have published 3 types of invoices and vouchers out of total 8 types of invoices and vouchers prescribed under GST regime. All 3 are listed below:
In this article, we will discuss the 4th type that is GST Refund Voucher.
Rules of GST Refund Voucher
A refund voucher referred to in clause (e) of sub-section (3) of section 31 shall contain the following particulars:
- Name, address, and GSTIN of the supplier.
- A consecutive serial number not exceeding sixteen characters, in one or multiple series, containing alphabets or numerals or special characters and any combination thereof, unique for a financial year.
- Date of its issue.
- Name, address and GSTIN or UIN, if registered, of the recipient.
- Number and date of receipt voucher issued in accordance with provisions of sub- rule 5.
- The description of goods or services in respect of which refund is made.
- The Amount of refund made.
- The rate of tax (central tax, State tax, integrated tax, Union Territory tax or cess).
- The Amount of tax paid in respect of such goods or services (central tax, State tax, integrated tax, Union Territory tax or cess).
- Whether the tax is payable on reverse charge basis.
- Signature or digital signature of the supplier or his authorized representative.
GST Refund Voucher Excel Template
We have created an easy to use GST Refund Voucher Excel Template in compliance the above-mentioned rules.You just need to enter a few details and the template will compute all the rest items for you.
This template helps you to efficiently and easily issue the voucher against the refund of GST for goods or services.
It is useful for Accounts Assistant, Accountants, Audit Assistants etc.
Click here to Download GST Refund Voucher Excel Template For Refunding Advance Under GST.
Click here to Download All GST Excel Templates for ₹299.
Additionally, you can download other accounting templates like Petty Cash Book, Simple Cash Book, and Accounts Payable Excel Templates from here.
Let us discuss the contents of the template in detail.
Contents of the Refund Voucher Template
This template consists of 4 sections
- Header Section.
- Customer Details.
- Product Details.
- Signature Section.
1. Header Section
Header section consists of the company name, company address, company logo, invoice number, GSTIN and the heading of the sheet “GST Refund Voucher Excel Template”.
2. Customer Details
Customer Detail consists of details of a customer such as the name of the customer, address, customer GSTIN, POS(Place of Supply), Receipt Voucher Number, Receipt Voucher Date and Invoice Date.
3. Product Details
This section consist of multiple subheadings which are as below:
Sr. No.: Serial number of items/products.
Product Description: Description of the Product.
Refund Amount: The amount of refund to paid.
CGST: This column has 2 subdivisions. The Rate and the Amount. The rate is the applicable rate of CGST which is to be entered manually. The template calculates the amount of CGST automatically where Refund amount X Rate of CGST.
SGST: The rate is the applicable rate of SGST which is to be entered manually. SGST amount is also calculated automatically where Refund amount X Rate of SGST.
IGST: The rate is the applicable rate of IGST which is to be entered manually. The Amount is the Refund amount X Rate of IGST.
Total: Below each column total of each head is made for easy calculation purpose.
5. Signature and Summary Section
Signature Section consists of remarks, Signatures of the receiver and the name of the signatory.
The amount in words: The grand total of Receipt Voucher.
The summary consists of the total of Refund voucher by the customer.
Thus, Grand Total = Total Refund Amount + CGST + SGST + IGST.
We thank our readers for liking, sharing and following us on different social media platforms.
If you have any queries please share in the comment section below. I will be more than happy to assist you.
Leave a Reply