SpellNumber Great Britain Pound is an Excel function which is created using VBA Programming. It displays a given number in words with Great Britain Pounds (GBP).
SpellNumber Function is not inbuilt in excel. You need to create this function manually in every workbook using the VBA coding.
In simple terms, it will convert a numeric value of GBP into English words.
$ 2,345.50 = “Dollar Two Thousand Three Hundred Forty-Five and Fifty Cents” usingSpellNumber Function
GBP 2,345.50 = ” Two Thousand Three Hundred Forty-Five Pounds and Fifty Pence ” using the SpellNumber Great Britain Pound Function.
We have made minor changes to the code provided by Microsoft to derive the required result.
Below given is the complete step by step process to create this SpellNumber Great Britain Pound Function using the VBA.
You can download useful Excel templates in the following categories:
- Accounting Templates: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, etc.
- HR Templates: Salary Sheet, Attendance Register, etc.
- Financial Analysis Templates: Sales Revenue Analysis, Break Even Analysis, etc.
- Financial Statement Templates: Balance sheet, Profit & Loss Account, Bank Reconciliation, etc.
- Calendar Templates: Yearly Calendar Templates, Monthly Calendar Templates, Fiscal Calendar Templates, etc.
How To Create SpellNumber GBP Function
1: Open a workbook.
2: Click “Developer Tab”.
3: Click “Visual Basic”
4: Click “Insert” in the File Menu.
5: Click “Module” as shown below:
A new module sheet will open.
5: Copy and Paste the Code given below into the Module sheet.
Code for SpellNumber Function for GBP (Great Britain Pound)
6: Click on the “Save” button. A dialog box with the following message will appear: “The following features cannot be saved in macro-free workbook”.
Your file consists of a macro and thus you need to save the file as a macro-enabled workbook. So click “No” option.
7: Select “Save As”.
8: Choose the location. “Save as type” must be selected as “Excel macro-enabled workbook”.
SpellNumber Function for GBP (Great Britain Pound) has now been created in this workbook. GBP Function will only be available in this workbook.
To get this function in another workbook, follow the same steps and paste the code in another workbook.
Note: Whenever you will open any macro-enabled workbook, there will be Security Warning as shown below:
Select “Enable this content”.
Press Enter or Click “OK”.
If you don’t do this the code will not function.
Let us check the function which we just created.
- Insert your numbers in Column A. In Column B, select the function SpellNumberGBP and provide the cell reference.
- Use Fill Handle, copy the same formula to Column B. It displays the numbers as shown below:
We thank our readers for liking, sharing and following us on different social media platforms.
If you have any queries or suggestions please share in the comment section below. I will be more than happy to assist you.