Under GST regime, exporters need to issue a GST Export Invoice as per the rules that are given in GST Law 2017 by the Government.
Movement of goods for the purpose of export where IGST is leviable, it can be done in following two ways:
- Paying IGST in advance and taking the refund of it after the goods are exported. Documentary proofs of exports are to be submitted for such claim of refund. Click here to learn more about The Refund Process Under GST.
- Executing the Bond against IGST leviable against such goods.
Rules of Export Invoice
Subject to rule 7, a tax invoice referred to in section 31 shall be issued by the registered person containing the following particulars:-
- Name, address, and GSTIN of the supplier.
- A consecutive serial number not exceeding sixteen characters, in one or multiple series, containing alphabets or numerals or special characters hyphen or dash and slash symbolized as “-” and “/” respectively, and any combination thereof, unique for a financial year.
- Date of its issue.
- HSN Code of goods or Accounting Code of services.
- Description of goods or services.
- Quantity in a case of goods and unit or Unique Quantity Code thereof.
- The total value of supply of goods or services or both.
- The taxable value of supply of goods or services or both taking into account discount or abatement, if any.
- The rate of tax (central tax, State tax, integrated tax, Union Territory tax or cess).
- The amount of tax charged in respect of taxable goods or services (central tax, State tax, integrated tax, Union Territory tax or cess).
- Place of supply along with the name of State, in the case of a supply in the course of inter-State trade or commerce.
- Address of delivery where the same is different from the place of supply.
- Signature or digital signature of the supplier or his authorized representative.
Provided also that in case of export of goods or services, the invoice shall carry an endorsement “SUPPLY MEANT FOR EXPORT ON PAYMENT OF INTEGRATED TAX” or “SUPPLY MEANT FOR EXPORT UNDER BOND OR LETTER OF UNDERTAKING WITHOUT PAYMENT OF INTEGRATED TAX”, as the case may be, and shall, in lieu of the details specified in clause (e), contain the following details:
(i) name and address of the recipient;
(ii) address of delivery; and
(iii) name of the country of destination:
We have created a ready to use Excel Template for GST Export Invoice in accordance with the above-mentioned guidelines.
This template is useful for Exporters whose supply involve paying of IGST (Integrated Goods and Service Tax).
Let us discuss the contents of the template in detail.
Contents of the GST Export Invoice Excel Template
This template contains following 5 sections:
- Supplier and Customer Details
- Billing Details
- Signatory Section
As usual, the header section consists of the company name, company address and the company logo. In addition to that it consist of the conversion rate required which is required to input for exchange rate of foreign currency.
2. Supplier and Customer Details
This section consists of following details:
Invoice Page No
Invoice No and Date
Purchase Order Number
Import Export Code No (IEC)
Country of Origin of Goods
Country of Final Destination
Details of Buyer if it is other than the consignee
Pre Carriage by Sea or Air
Place of Receipt by Pre-Carrier
Port of Loading
Port of Discharge
Terms of Delivery and Payment
Point of Delivery (POD)
At the end of this section, you need to mention an endorsement “SUPPLY MEANT FOR EXPORT ON PAYMENT OF INTEGRATED TAX” or “SUPPLY MEANT FOR EXPORT UNDER BOND OR LETTER OF UNDERTAKING WITHOUT PAYMENT OF INTEGRATED TAX”, as the case may be.
3. Billing Details
Billing Details consists of the following columns:
Marks and Nos
Description of Goods
Rate (USD) or other applicable currency
IGST (INR) and IGST percentage
Amount After Tax (INR)
Total GR WT (Gross Weight)
Total Net WT (Net Weight)
4. Signatory Section
Signatory section consists of final declaration and terms. In addition to that it also consists the signature box for the authorized signatory of the supplier.
We thank our readers for liking, sharing and following us on different social media platforms.
If you have any queries please share in the comment section below. I will be more than happy to assist you.