Vehicle maintenance log is a ready-to-use excel template to keep a record of the repair and maintenance of your vehicle during a particular year.
You can keep a record on your smartphone or computer downloading this template. Additionally, this template also consists of a printable version that you can keep in your vehicle all the time and maintain it manually.
In addition to the above, this template also consists of a repair and maintenance checklist to know which checks and repairs are already done or need to be done.
Vehicle Maintenance Log Excel Template
We have created a simple and easy Vehicle Maintenance Log Excel template along with a repair and maintenance Checklist. This template will help you keep an eye on your car’s health properly and maintain a log of repairs.
Let us discuss the contents of the template in detail.
Contents of Vehicle Maintenance Log Excel Template
This template consists of sheets:
- Vehicle Maintenance Log
- Printable Maintenance Log
- Repair and Maintenance Checklist
- Printable R & M Checklist
Vehicle Maintenance Log
This sheet consists of 2 sections:
- Vehicle Details
- Maintenance Log
Vehicle details section you need to enter the following:
Vehicle Make: BMW, AUDI, Nissan, Toyota, etc.
Model: Name of the model of your car.
Vehicle ID No: Vehicle identification number. You can find this in your manual book as well as on the invoice for the car or car registration certificate/card.
License Plate No: Your Licence plate number.
Model Year: year of car manufacturing.
Type: Manual or Auto transmission.
Maintenance Log section consists of 7 columns as follows:
Date: Date on which the maintenance takes place.
Problem Description: Description of the problem in the car and the purpose of repair.
Workshop/Mechanic Name: Name of the place where the repair takes place.
Estimates: If prior estimates are provided then you can record them in this field.
Spares Cost: If any spares are added to the car or replaced, enter the cost of it in this field.
Labor Cost: Insert the service charges and labor costs in this column.
Total Cost: It is the total cost of the repair. Spares Cost + Labor Cost.
In the end, the template displays the grand total of the money spend on repairs and maintenance.
Printable Maintenance Log
The Printable Maintenance Log is the same as the above sheet. The only difference is that the previous one was in color and this one is in the Ink Saver format.
Take a print of the same and keep it in your car to maintain the log of vehicle maintenance in it.
Repair and Maintenance Checklist
A car requires a check at different intervals. We have created a checklist with predefined intervals. To keep your car in good condition, maintain this checklist.
It consists list of check up to be done monthly, at 500 miles, 10000 miles, 15000 miles, 30000 miles, 60000 miles, and 100000 miles. It also includes tire checks.
The first column consists of the description of the check-up, second column for a checkmark and third column for the date of checkup.
Printable R & M Checklist
Similar to the Maintenance Log, the Repair and Maintenance Checklist also has a printable version that you can print and keep in your car all the time.
It is the same as above, you need to enter the details manually on it.
With this template, you can easily do engine checkups at regular intervals and also maintain your Vehicle Maintenance Log.
Benefits of Maintaining Vehicle Maintenance Log
Benefits of maintaining the log of your vehicle maintenance are as follows:
- First and foremost, it shows that you are very much vigilant about the health of your car.
- It reminds you of the regular maintenance and checkup which helps you to keep your car in good condition.
- A good maintained car usually yields good buyback or resale value.
- It saves you from accidents and unwanted failures at important times.
- The log calculates the total amount you spend on your vehicle. Thus, if it provides you with a guideline when to change your vehicle.
- Repairs at frequent intervals help to keep the car running and also avoids big breakdown expenses.
- You can also know which mechanic or company provides a good quality of maintenance.
A car owner will agree with the above-mentioned points and it is all a car owner always need.
Tips to Maintain Your Car In Good Condition
The following tips will help you easily maintain your car in good condition:
- Changing oil at regular intervals.
- Check tire pressure once a week.
- Switch tires at regular intervals.
- Every 3-4 months change your windshield wipers.
- Avoid rough driving, especially on off-roads.
- Check the timing belt regularly.
- Changing the air filter every 2 months.
- Refilling engine coolant regularly.
- Regular battery checks.
- Choose proper mechanics for the repairs. If not sure, always prefer repairs and maintenance in the company.
We thank our readers for liking, sharing and following us on different social media platforms.
If you have any queries please share in the comment section below. We will be more than happy to assist you.